Skip to main content

Mommy's Home!

Giving It All, To Have It All

Hello to all of the readers of Just Add Kids e-newsletter and JAK Chat!  My name is Andrea Pierce and I am a mom of a 20-month old beautiful daughter, Ella Rose, and a 4-month old happy baby boy, Gavin William.  And I am asking the question can you really have it all?

Today my business card says "Assistant Vice President" and as of Friday August 5th,  I will be giving that all up to stay home with my precious children.  While I gave notice more than three weeks ago, this week, more then ever, I am questioning myself..."is this the right thing to do?"

I worked really hard to get to where I am in my career.  But then,  I get home from a long day of work and my daughter runs to me saying "Mama Mama", gives me a huge hug...Boy Boy (Gavin's nic name) just looks at me with a huge smile within his big blue eyes following me around the room til I pick him up and then....fresh air!.....It is like no other feeling in the world!

Having it all is in the eye of the beholder. It changes as you move on in your journey of life.   As of right now, having it all to me is going to be able to be a stay at home mom for the time being.  And who says I have to stay at home? There are so many things I have wanted to do in my life that I can.



As of next week I have 40 more hours free to raise my   babies, mold them while they are young, and do the things I have been wanting and now I get to do with my babies.  So I started a running club, a book, season 1 Dexter, family from California in town next week, 2 trips to the State Fair planned......I really do have it all! I can do anything!  I am even nursing while I write this!

 

Time to peel off the business suit for at least the time being, and slip into the comfy mommy suit, whatever that is!  I'll be sure to touch base with you all and let you know how it is going, okay?!

Comments

  1. Congratulations! You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,

    As a stay at home dad of two for the past 5 years you are right on the mark. Having it all changes as the seasons in your life do. You may come back to that season of being an AVP someday. But for now, you are in the most important season of your life: raising your children.

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! There is no better tradeoff then to stay home with your children. I don't believe you can have it all, unless you work for a place that has a really flexible schedule and appreciates family. Good luck to you!
    I am changing jobs in a couple weeks to be closer to my daughter (i currently commute to Milwaukee). I don't think I have ever been more excited to change jobs, just for my daughter's benefit (she is 6).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AWESOME Dad

Well, most are! I know your kid's daddy might not be tops in your book, yet, in the eyes of your child, he probably is. I am so grateful that when my husband and I mutually took the risk to vow to spend our lives together, then had/have children, (while not always perfect) he ended up being quite the awesome dad. Assist your child in sharing his/her celebration of dad. (Um, I am sure you know, Father's Day is next Sunday, June 17th).  Here's a great way to do that, pocket $100 gift card for your kiddo, and knock out that Father's Day gift!  Here's how... Read More... For the third year in a row, Just Add Kids has partnered with Educators Credit Union  to bring you, your kids and their daddy a fun contest in celebration of Father’s Day.  This year, RelyLocal Racine is also partnering with JAK and providing a plethora of gift cards perfect for dad. So, how to participate? Kids color a portrait of their dad, grandaddy, or other fatherly figure (portrait frame and e

June is the New Spring

April Wrap Up: Wrapped in Love                           In recognition of April being Autism Awareness month, Just Add Kids welcomes Colleen Nagle, a Burlington mom, as JAK's guest blogger. Autism is easy to misunderstand, misinterpret and mislead.  My son is the master of disguise and the best way to understand our kids is to assume nothing.  That is, assume only that they are kids, children, teens, silly, loving, intelligent and, well, simply put, no different than any other kid. Everything I have been told about Autism is wrong. Everything I know about Autism I have learned from my son.  My son with Autism.  He loves me just like his typical siblings love me, he cries when he misses me and he smiles when we are together again. Read more... He cannot speak.  He has never been able to express his favorite color or cartoon or game.  My heart longs to know him, to know the little everyday things: to know that he has favorites; to know that he likes the food I serve him; to know if

Wishful Thinking

Putting Thoughts Into (60 Second) Action                Just Add Kids welcomes Mollie Bartelt, a Caledonia mom, as JAK's guest blogger Do you want to make a difference in your life this summer? Or make a difference for a child who has a life threatening illness? Or win $1000 in a fun challenge? Game on! My story began six months ago, when my happy, healthy nine year old daughter came in from outside playing in the snow feeling dizzy. We became alarmed when she couldn’t stand up after resting a bit...her legs were wobbly and criss-crossing and she appeared to have no balance. A few short hours later in the emergency room, the situation looked worse as she was starting to slur her speech and not even be able to get words out correctly... and she couldn’t get her hands to work to put a snack in her mouth. Read more... The hospital ER staff then sent us up to Children’s Hospital where Hannah stayed for nearly a week, undergoing tests and having therapy. While all the tests were negativ